School Library Coordinator
Description: Historic Fair Hill (HFH) is a community partner of the School District of Philadelphia. We are seeking a library coordinator in order to help re-open one of our public elementary school libraries in North Philly. The library staff person will work with our library working group and the school staff to manage the school library and support a culture of literacy for students, teachers, and families.
- Manage the school library to advance the literacy goals of the school.
- Interact with students and teachers in a friendly welcoming manner to make the library and
reading experience positive.
- Manage the circulation desk to check books in and out on computer w/ Follett Destiny.
- Work with Library team and coordinator to plan and evaluate progress.
- Do read alouds and book pitches to highlight authors, titles, series.
- Help students find “just right books”.
- Work with teachers to get books returned and to get best use from the library.
- Build a volunteer team of parents
Qualifications: Teaching or library experience, understanding of needs of teachers and students, ability to work with volunteers, ability to organize and manage details, ability to work independently within a given framework and in a team, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Googledocs, Spanish a plus.
Reports to: Kerry Roeder, Program Manager, Historic Fair Hill Time commitment: 2-3 days/ per week, usually 9:00 – 3:00
Compensation: $100/day, Paid biweekly as an independent contractor
Dates of employment: Darts one week before the beginning of school and goes through the end of the school year.
HFH CONTACT: If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Kerry Roeder at firstname.lastname@example.org