Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of HFH to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all people without discrimination because of race, color, religion/creed, gender, marital status, pregnancy, ancestry, veteran status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. It is the policy of HFH to maintain a working environment free of all forms of discrimination, harassment and intimidation.
Community Outreach Coordinator [School year 2021-22]
Historic Fair Hill, in conjunction with Julia de Burgos Elementary School, is in search of a talented and professional community outreach coordinator to maintain community outreach activities.
The coordinator will represent our partnership and work with the leadership team to develop, implement, and oversee the planning and implementation of outreach strategies. This person will be responsible for connecting parents and the community with students at Julia de Burgos. The community coordinator will gather support in the broader community by creating sponsorship agreements and cultivating relationships with businesses, individuals, and other relevant organizations.
Coordinator needs to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude, strong social media skills and readiness to be a team player.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Make daily contact with the families of children who are not in school by 930.
- Provide support and coordinate resources to ensure students are able to get to school.
- Communicate to and invite parents to school programs
- Coordinate programs for parent engagement
Help parents get clearances so they can volunteer in the school
- Organize workshops for parent education e.g. resumes, ESL, computers
- Create and support a parent resource room with computers
- Daily update all social media platforms Instagram, Facebook, website with computer teacher
- Take and collect photos, quotes, good news from school
- Reach out to community organizations for resources
- Passion for engaging parents and community to support education
- Bilingual in Spanish, familiar with Fairhill community
- Energetic self starter, friendly and outgoing
- Excellent communicator in speaking and writing English and Spanish
- Strong organizational skills to manage programs
- Strong skills in social media
Hours: Part time, 20 hours/week. School hours, school calendar,$20/hr = $15,000
Occasional afternoon/evenings for programs. No benefits. Independent contractor, payable with invoice biweekly.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com